Saturday, May 25, 2013

New Beginnings for Children with Bubbles for Elisabeth Bell's World

I love this theme for this month's challenge over at Elisabeth Bell's World!  Who doesn't like new beginnings?  I have had a bazillion new beginnings in my life and can only imagine how many some of you have had.  It's renewing and the possibilities are endless.  For me, that's the magic of starting over.  Sometimes it ends up good, sometimes not so much.

Children have new beginnings just about every day.  I'm learning more and more since I've been spending so much time with Allie.  Sometimes children aren't quite sure as to what to do with new starts and new friends.  One thing I've found out is that for kids, a bottle of bubbles is just the thing to break the ice.  Who doesn't love bubbles?  Come on, admit it.  We all blow the first bubbles when we open up a bottle for the kids!  It connects us all together.  I love it when kids take their bubbles to a guy to open.  Even men can't resist releasing the first opaque circles in the air from a new bottle of bubbles!


This is Bubbles from Elisabeth Bell for Susana's Custom Art and Card Design and I think she's everything good and sweet in children!  She's colored with copics and the papers are some of my favorite from BasicGrey and Imaginisce.  The border was made using a scallop edger from Stampin Up, the ribbon is from Hero Arts, the gems are from Studio G and the flowers are a mix of Recollections and home made.  The die cuts I used are from Nestbilities.  Of course, I used some Stickles on the bubbles and her sweet shirt!


Here's a closer look at this sweet thing!  I absolutely love her and can see her slowly letting down her guard and making new friends.

Make sure to stop over at our blog and see the fabulous projects that my designing sisters have for you.  All of their projects just make my jaw drop and I can't believe that I get to design with such great talents!  Come on and show us your new beginnings!  Someone is going o be lucky enough to win a couple of really sweet stamps from on of the ever talented Ms. Elisabeth Bell!  Hope it's you!

3 comments:

Danni said...

This stamp has always been a favorite! Super sweet card!

Fran said...

Your card is so cute. And your coloring is outstanding. Hugs, Fran

Sparkly Engineer said...

This is so sweet love the sparkly bubbles and the summertime design paper is a perfect foil.