Sunday, June 17, 2012

Stepping Out in Faith!

As promised, I'm stepping out in faith and am back as part of the blogging world! I'm not going to lie, it's a lot more daunting this time than it was in the beginning. I had what I thought was a pretty great journey going on in the creative world. I was on several design teams, had some of the coolest stamping and scrapping tools, great friends, and such a fun way to spend my time. Then I moved and life took a different turn. I had a new home, new job, life situations changed and stamping took a back seat to so many other things.

But I didn't stop creating, just changed gears. I knitted up a storm! I found a really great knitting shop with some amazing ladies. Worked on lots of scarfs, some great afghans, shawls, socks, learned how to felt. While knitting is another love of min, my stamping kept coming to mind. I missed it, missed blogging and sharing with people and the interaction between everyone I would meet.

Now, I want to do what feels good and right for me and that's being creative. I love sewing and made the bedding set for my granddaughter, Alaina, who was born on January 1st of this year. Here's her picture and isn't she just the cutest thing?!

 

Then there is our hot mess, Allie, who turns 4 next month. Not sure what happened but her Momma's black high heels that she's wearing didn't show up on this picture:


 

 And now, Miss Emma, who turns 4 this week. She looks so grown up to me!

 

I made Emma a quilt for her birthday and since I was in the making mood, a card followed! Yes, it sure did! I felt a little out of my element because I wasn't sure what was too much, not enough, colorful enough, need more sparkle. I put all of that out of my mind and just made a card. Needless to say, I had a blast! Here's what I came up with:

 

My coloring needs some more practice and I have to buy some more flowers and die cuts, but I'm pretty satisfied with it. The stamp is Susan by Elisabeth Bell for Susana's Custom Art and Card Design and it's MY stamp! I have a ton of stamps and this is the only one I have with me. I'll get the rest of them from my daughter in a couple of weeks, but for some reason, this stamp was in my cedar chest when I moved so I inked her up and started coloring away. Here's a close up of her sweet face:


 

This is a peek at the inside: 



I love how some artists finish up the insides. I want to work on that for this time around!

My paper is from Basic Grey and the cardstock is from Co'redination that I bought at the Joann Fabrics and Craft store that I work at (and love it!). I used distressed inks around the edges, Spellbinders, a Sizzix Hello Kitty die, and God help me, but I still love me some Stickles! Thank you for taking a look and reading through this entire post and I can't tell you how much I appreciate it. Here's big hugs to everyone!

 Susan

6 comments:

Karen said...

Your granddaughters are gorgeous and so is your card! : )

Judy Garrelts said...

Cute kiddos and a really cute card!
Thanks for sharing,
Judy Garrelts

Sheri said...

Those two are both so sassy! Love it Susan!! Your blog is gorgeous too!! Welcome back officially and I can see you haven't missed a beat!! :)

Denise Crosby said...

You have the most adorable little ladies! Great job on the card, and welcome back~

Billie's Scrappetique said...

Girl, your card is adorable! Those grand babies are just toooooo precious!

lilyandthelotus.blogspot.com said...

Oh she is darling..they all are i am glued to your blog tonight.
hugs,
susan s.