Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Try It Out Tuesday #34 - No DP!



Well, Suzanne did it to us again! She threw down the challenge to our design team for Susana's Custom Art and Card Design to use no design paper on our card that we didn't create ourselves! I didn't think I'd enjoy this challenge but I had a great time just letting sweet Milla take front and center! I loved this cutie and I was in the mood to color her up with lavenders. Milla is one of the sweet images from the new Hearts and Hugs Collection 2 from Victoria Case for Susana's Custom Art and Card Design. I love how she came out!

I stamped her with Memento Tuxedo Black and colored her with copics. I used some Glossy Accents on her hair ribbon and dress ribbon and added just a touch to her eyes. My camera is acting up a bit and she's much prettier in person than on print. My paper is from Coredination and the ribbon is from my stash. I touched up her dress and ruffle just a bit with Stickles and then sprayed the entire card with Shimmerz Spritz. I added a Blue Moon Heart charm to the ribbon and finished her with a Bella Bauble in each corner.



Don't these cuties have the sweetest faces on them? I could color them forever! Make sure to visit my other Design Team sister's Blog to see all of their great creations! I know you won't be disappointed! So Happy Tuesday and try creating a card from just card stock. I'd love to see what you come up with!

Card Ingredients:

Milla from Victoria Case for Susana's Custom Art and Card Design, Shimmerz Spritz, Bella Baubles, Stickles, Glossy Accents, Kaisercraft Pearls, copics, SU ticket punchy, nestabilities, ribbon

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh wow!! This is just gorgeous hun!! The colors are awesome with purple of course and I love your coloring!! HUGS

Aud said...

Looove your version of Milla!♥
How different looking our cards turned out, yet we used the same image - fun! =0)

Big hugs,
Aud

Mae said...

Super cute. Great job making the card really pop with the bows & accents. Love it.

Anonymous said...

Utterly adorable!!

Brandi said...

This is very cute! I love how it turned out.

Smiles,

Brandi

Suzanne J Dean said...

She's beautiful Susan--love the colors & fab layout! Perfect job w/ this challenge!

hugz,
Suzanne

Danni said...

Wonderful job! I like the circles in the background...fun!

Dianne said...

Susan, I love the color purple. You did a wonderful job. Milla is just perfect.

marsha said...

Susan this is sooo cute! I love the colors and how you used the circles - fantastic coloring too!

Hugs,
Marsha

Lorelie Kim said...

I love lavender and your card makes me love it even more!! Your lo is FABULOUS!!