Sunday, January 11, 2009

Shy Bear Carousel


Sometimes you just want to say, "Stop the world. I want to get off!" Things happen so quickly, people are short and ugly with you for things you have no control over and sometimes you just don't feel good. Shy Bear Carousel makes me think it's possible to get off of that merry-go-round that we call life, take that so needed breath to renew ourselves and then get back in the saddle again. And besides, he just makes me smile! I haven't seen one of these Shy Bears that Susana's Custom Art and Card Design carries that I don't just love!

He was a first for me because I colored him with distressed inks and I'd never used them before. I'm really pleased with how he came out. I think it's a bit much around the sky, but other than that, I'm happy with the little guy! I loved all the embellishments I could add to him. Susana just started selling the Bella Baubles and I used Oyster on the corners , mermaid and champagne stickles to his blanket and harness and used my Atyou gold spica glitter pen on his hoofs. Couldn't let him go without coloring him with coffee shimmers and using pink poinsettia shimmerz on his and the horse's ear and Sunflower on the pole. The floral background paper is from Dovecraft's Retro stack and you can only get this paper from Susana here in the states.

Here's a picture of the inside of the card. I love the finishing look it gives the cards.

I hope if there's ever a need, we all remember to get off that carousel and rest for a moment.

15 comments:

Suzanne J Dean said...

Awesome job Susan--love the look of distress inks and this is such a cutie!

hugz,
Suzanne

Rosette said...

Lovely Susan... way to go!!! :)

Iris Wiechmann said...

Gorgeous card Susan! great job with the distress inks!

hugs,
Iris

Danni said...

Very pretty. My mother in law loves carousels, I should get this cutie sometime.
Love that you did the inside as well!

Christine Riley said...

Wow! Susan, this is incredible! I LOVE this card! Great job, it's truly stunning!
Hugs, christine :)

Chris Scrappin and Stampin in Texas said...

So pretty! Love the stamp and framing..Cool

Chookarooni said...

Another great card Susan - loved your journalling on your blog - as always!

marsha said...

Susan, this is stupendous! This is definitely my current favorite of your! Your colors are super and I love all the detail. Oh, I'm sitting two horses behind, LOL!

Heather Schlatter said...

Susan,

I had not been by in a while and I just wanted to come see what you had to see.

This card is so cute and I love your coloring, and the image is super cute too!!!

Congrats on the Permanent DT placement for Susanna's!!!!

Wooooo Hoooo girl!!!

Heather

Anonymous said...

Hi Susan,
This is a jaw dropper of a card. The coloring is off the hook :o)
Hearts and Hugs
Susana

Berry said...

Susan I absolutely adore the stuff you are doing and the bad part is i'm scrapbooking but I think I need to add my scrapbooking pages because if not I won't be adding anything in a long time so you can tell me what you think talk to you soon friend and i do love your stuff

Rachel said...

This is a beautiful card!!
You have an award here:
http://mycardstockcreations.blogspot.com/2009/01/2-more-awards.html

Anonymous said...

This is so stinkin cute! I love it. Great job...

Anonymous said...

Beautifully done! I love the whimsy of it!

Card Creations said...

That carousel is way too cute...I love it!