Sunday, October 5, 2008

Fall is calling


Two posts in one day! I'm trying to make up for some lost time so please bear with me!

Fall has arrived here in Maine. The trees are changing colors, leaves are falling and so is the temperature! You know it's fall when it's colder in your house in the morning than it is outside! There's something beautiful about the fall and the bright colors. Spring is so light and innocent and hopeful, but in fall, it's like life has come to fruition and is a bit tired and is now getting ready to rest and to renew its self for the spring. I know winter is a necessity, but that doesn't mean I have to like it!

A stamping friend, Pamela, that I met at our now closed LSS sent me some Spiral Whisper images and I fell in love with Autumn Milly. She's so cute in her fall dress and boots. I colored her with my copics and Prismacolor markers and used SU cardstock for her. The maroon paper is embossed with the new leaf cuttlebug folder and I used pearls on the corner instead of brads. A change for me, but nothing I love better than pearls! Besides, every girls should have some! I punched out some maple leaves from Debbie Mumm's Fall cardstock collection because I spilt some alcohol on the corner thinking it was my Glossy Accent. The Glossy Accents made it to the leaves and stone though. And Deb, if you look closely, I used my new SU scallop punch on the background paper!

I hope you enjoy Milly and the beauty of fall as much as I do!

6 comments:

deb said...

Gorgeous!! What a great job on this. LOVE LOVE LOVE the colors!!
You go girl!
hugz

Christine Riley said...

SO cute Susan, I Love this image! Great coloring, it's just perfect!
Hugs, Christine

Kristie W. said...

Great card Susan! I love fall, can't wait to go leaf peeping soon!

Danni said...

Very cute, love the little leaves!

Kim said...

Another FABULOUS card! The colors are so great together! You did a very good job!
Hugs~ Kim

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you like the images Susan! The card turned out great!

Pamela