Monday, April 22, 2013

I Won!

When I was little, my cousins and I used to get everyone's crinlons (remember those with all the lace on them and all that starch so they would really stand out?) and play Beauty Padgent in the back yard.  My Aunt Jessie had like 7 or 8 steps on her back porch and that was our stage.  We would stand up on our tippy toes in our pretend high heels and walk up and down the steps, doing the light bulb wave and carrying branches for our roses.  What imaginations we had!  I still love beauty padgents and I've got a little 4 1/2 granddaughter who loves to play dress up and parade around in front of us!

I have to admit that I'm cheating on Lindsay and Elisabeth and have fallen in love with the cute, sweet images over at The Paper Shelter!  I kept seeing them and I finally took the plunge and bought some and am having a blast with them!  When I saw this beauty, I knew she had my name written all over her!


This is "I Won" and isn't she fabulous?!  I think she's so much fun and has all sorts of possibilities.  I love here hair, dress, purse, swseet statute and I think she looks like a total winner!  She's colored with copics and cut out with my floral oval frame.  The papers are from Katy Davis, and the flowers and pearls are from Hero Arts.  I added some distressed inks around the frame and added some stickles to her dress, statue, purse, and earrings.


I just love her sweet face!


This view you can get a better look at the coloring without the glitter.  I love my glitter and bling though!


I just adore her and am going to enter her in the following challenges:

The Paper Shelter Challenge - Make It Bloom
Craft Your Passion - Diamonds Are A Girls Best Friend
Crafty Bloggers Network - Anything Goes
Kaboodles Doodles Challenge - Spring
Make It Monday - Always anything goes
Challenges 4 Everybody - Anything goes
Crafting When We Can - At the movies


Hope you enjoy her as much as I loved working with her.  She's a winner!

14 comments:

Judy Garrelts said...

What a glamorous card!
Thanks for sharing,
Judy

Carla S. said...

This is gorgeous, Susan! I love the colors and the elegant image! Fantastic coloring and design!

stitch-and-greet said...

Such a lovely story and a really fantastic card! Thanks for sharing, hugs Renata

Sparkly Engineer said...

She looks lovely, just like the beauty pagents from when I was a girl. All the females in the family would sit down together to watch and ooh and ahh over the dresses.

loz said...

Fabulous card and colors Susan. I saw this on MIM..Loz

Danielle said...

She's definitely pretty in pink! Love all the details and embellishments you used.

KraftyKoolKat said...

What a lovely card. Gorgeous colouring and layout. I spotted you over on MIM and came for a closer look and I am so glad that I did.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxxxx

Bon Bob’s Delights said...

Such a pretty card! Love the glitter! I found you on MIM!

Migdalia said...

Gorgeous card! Congrats to you!!
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥
♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥

Fran said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Hugs, Fran

KT Fit Kitty said...

Hi there - I saw your card at Make it Monday MIM137 and I had to take a closer look. Beautiful card! I love how you coloured her and I love your flowers. KT

Unknown said...

Wonderful card! I love the image and you've done a terrific job coloring it. Thanks for joining us at Make It Monday.

Merkkari said...

Wow! Your card is superb!!! I love it! Thanks for joining us at The Paper Shelter Challenge.
Hugs Merkkari

Poppet said...

Great card Susan, love the papers and the bling really stands out.

Thank you for sharing your wonderful work with us at Crafting When We Can Challenges. :-) xx