Friday, June 29, 2012

My Sweet Tilda for My Sweet Allie

It took a little while for me to get back to my Magnolias, but I always have a few images with me!  My Allie is turning 4 on July 9th and she asked Nani if she was going to make a book for her birthday.  That's her way of asking if I am going to make her a birthday card!  Well, of course Nani is!  She loves to wear dresses and they need to twirl.  The twirliest Tilda that I had was Sweet Tilda and I made her up for my Sweet Allie.   I think she has the sweetest nature about her and she's one of my favorite Magnolia stamps.     



I am making Allie some summer dresses and she asked that one be blue.  I thought her birthday card would be cute done in blue so here she is.  I colored her with distressed inks and forgot how much I enjoy working with them.  The papers and embellishments are from a Heidi Grace line called Daydream and I love the glitters.  Allie loves anything that sparkles so I had to put some stickles on her dress and socks!  the lace is a Martha Stewart punch and I think it adds just a girlie girl look to the card.  Here's a side view of the inside:


I'm adding a copy of the close up of her sweet face:


I do love her so!  I am still working on my coloring, but some of it's coming back.  All in all I'm pretty pleased with her and I know Allie will love her and that's all that matters.

I love and cherish all of my grandbabies and thank God everyday that he's blessed me with these sweet babies.  Just wish they didn't grow up so fast!  Hope you enjoyed this little cutie pie.  Have a great day!

17 comments:

Sheri said...

AH! Allie IS going to love this!! She is just precious and you know I love that bling!

Unknown said...

Oh I love this card and it's colours. the stamp is very sweet. gorgeous embellishments.
Francy

Danni said...

I agree, Allie is going to love this. Nice card!

Paula said...

Welcome back! Allie is going to adore this card...this is sooooo cute. Love all the glue and the glitter, every girls dream.

Suzanne J Dean said...

She's simply beautiful in blue Susan...she's super cute & love the patterns and embellies too! Glad to have ya back, you were missed!

hugz,
Suzanne

Karen said...

Oh Susan, this is beautiful! I have inked up this cutie in a while, thanks for the inspiration! : )

Rene said...

Oooh she's so shiny and pretty!!!! Lovely card!
Rene :D

Leslie said...

Well it looks like you are right back into the swing of things! Your card is precious! :)
Hugs,
Leslie
http://leslieturner58.blogspot.com

Damarys said...

This is an adorable little card, and I know your granddaughter will love and treasure it!

Creations by Shirl said...

Hi Susan - thanks for stopping by and became a follower on my blog... I'm here now and checking out all your awesome cards.... Do you know Tilda images are my fav... I just adore them but they can be very $$$$ too... I just became your #152 follower too.. Now I can keep track of all your creations....
Have a great evening and also a crafty weekend...
Hugs~

Karen said...

What an adorable card! I love all the sparkles. Allie will adore it....

Karen

Fran said...

Allie is going to love her card. You did an awesome job coloring Tilda Sue. I love the colors and embellishments you chose too.
Hugs, Fran

Doreen Horats, Clayton said...

Your card is so sweet and pretty. Love the colors.
Have a great weekend.
Blessings Doreen

Lynn Stevens said...

Awe!!! Shes going to just Love her little "book" card! Beautifully done
hugs Lynn

Elle said...

Welcome back! I have to say that I LOVE your card and am sure your grandaughter will too!

Billie's Scrappetique said...

Adorable card, girl! Allie will love it!

cabio's craft corner said...

Fun and lovely DP with the blue contrast. Sweet Tilda card Susan!
Hugs,
Cabio