Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Try It Out Tuesday #39 - Table Tops!

I love to look at a gorgeous set table. There's something to be said for elegance. For our Try It Out Tuesday over at Follow Your Heart, our Design Team blog for Susana's Custom Art and Card Design, our super talented leader, Suzanne, challenged us to create something for our table tops. Here's what I came up with:



Now I'm not one for formal, so I had to kind of feel my way through this challenge. I wanted something smaller so I pulled out my Fairy Friends from Pink Cat Studios and went to town.


I colored this cutie penguine brown and turned it into my fall version of a partridge and added Stickles to his little wings. I added a Dress Up Petal to the end of his wand and ran my SU topnote cutout through my cuttlebug to give it a bit of texture. The background paper is from the Indian Summer pack from BasicGrey and I added some buttons to the corners and ran Scrapper's Floss through the middles. I am pretty pleased with how it came out.



And here's a close up of my penguin turned partridge! I love this little cutie!

Now go on over to our store blog, Follow Your Heart, and take a look at the great creations my Design Team buddies have come up with to grace your table. I can't wait to share them with you! So tell me, what's your favorite table top accessory? I'd love to hear what you do.

Card Ingredients:

Fairy Friends by Pink Cat Studios
, copics, Stickles, Diamond Glaze, buttons, Scrapper's Floss, MS Fancy Lattice Edger and branch and leaf punch, cuttlebug folders, Indian Summer Paper pack from BasicGrey, Dress Up Petals

8 comments:

Dianne said...

Susan, this is wonderful !! Great idea for little girl birthday parties. Will have to keep that in mind.

Jacque said...

Susan, this is just precious!!! Will be soooooo cute on the table!!! Love all the sparklies too...Hugs..Jacque

Crystal said...

Susan this is SOOOO ADORABLE!!! OOooo I just love the added sparkle!

Anonymous said...

TEE!! How cute is that fairy penguin?!! I love that...never seen one before!! Love your adorable table decor hun!! Brilliant design!! HUGS

Wendy M said...

I love what you have created with the buttons and leaf punches. Looks fabulous xx

Suzanne J Dean said...

So cute Susan--I love this lil' penguin...er partridge, hee hee on these placecards! Wonderful!

hugz,
Suzanne

Danni said...

I struggled with this challenge too as we're far from formal here!!
Cute lil' placecard!

dragonlaidi said...

I always love to see what new things you come up with