Monday, May 18, 2009

Roses on Paper DT Challenge - Boy Card


It's Monday and time for a new challenge over at our Roses on Paper Design Team Blog! This time, the sweet and extremely talented Peta challenged us to create a boy card - no stickles, glitter or frill. Do you know how much of a challenge that was for me? While it was difficult for me, it was so refreshing!

Edwin, Is This Your Egg was from the Easter Collection from Magnolia. You can pick up your Magnolia stamps from Summer at Roses on Paper. She's got such great stamps and wonderful service! I followed the sketch from SCS and used several cuttlebug folders to give some texture to the different layers. I colored Edwin with my Prismacolor pencils and OMS. I used some scrapper's floss on the buttons and stamped hope on a wooden button. The inside says "you have a eggstra special day!"

This Edwin reminds me of the few times I spent on the farm where my mother grew up. I used to watch my cousins go out and collect eggs. I never had enough guts to actually try and take eggs from a chicken. I was always too afraid to get my hand pecked!

Make sure you stop over at our blog and take our challenge. My design team sisters are so talented and I'd love to have you see their gorgeous creations! And there's a great prize for some lucky stamper that I'd hate for you to miss!

Card Recipe:

Ediwn, Is This Your Egg from Magnolia, The Simple Life sentiment set from CTMH, Scrapper's Floss, buttons, brads, Debbie Mumm Nursery Set Paper Stack.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is so so sweet!! I really adore the fun egg BG!

Julia said...

Great card! Love the wooden button and the dp.

Christine Riley said...

Super cute card, Susan, love this little Edwin image, he makes me smile :)
Hugs, Christine

Anonymous said...

Love your boy card!! I always struggle with boy cards!! Blessings and hugs!!

Jodi said...

Oh this is so cute!! You did a fabulous job with the backgrounds for this image.
Hugs
Jodi =)

Danni said...

Nice job on the challenge! Such a fun image!

Iris Wiechmann said...

This is a great boy card Susan! Your background is gorgeous and Edwin is just perfect for this!

Hugs,
Iris