Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Try It Out Tuesday #13 - Easter or Spring, I'll take both!


I had the best time last night by spending some time talking with my friends at Susana's Custom Art and Card Design PCP group and our special guest, Elisabeth Bell herself! What fun it was but our power has been flickering off and on so I had to leave early. I'm going to keep this post short just in case the power goes off.

Our Design Team Challenge this week for Susana's Custom Art and Card Design from our ever talented Suzanne was to create a card for Easter or Spring. I knew what imaged I wanted to do and the paper just literally fell into my lap! Catherine With Butterfly is from our own talented illustrator, Anki, from the Anki's Sweetheart's for Susana's Custom Art and Card Design and what fun she is! I love her spring Easter dress and her hat with the pretty ribbon just says Easter to me. There's nothing more precious than a little girl dressed up in her East Sunday's best!

I colored Catherine with copics and used my oval nestabilities to cut her out. The sketch is from Susana's PCP group sketch challenge for the month. What a great sketch it is and I've filed it away to pull out and use again and again! The paper is from the Retro paper pack from Dovecraft, another exclusive to Susana's great store! instead of flowers, I used buttons with some of my favorite Scrapper's Floss. I gave the paper some texture with my dotted swiss cuttlebug folder and used some Glossy Accents on the hat ribbon and the top of her pretty dress. Since it's hard for me to leave the glitz off, I had to use my glitter pen on her flowers and on the precious butterfly. I think she's ready for the holidays!

Make sure you stop by Susana's store blog, Follow Your Heart, and look at the wonderful creations that my fellow Design Team sisters came up with. They're just beautiful!

And speaking of Elisabeth Bell, who wouldn't love some sweet blog candy from Susana? Check out the delicious Elisabeth Bell Blog Candy coming to Susana’s (SCACD) store blog, Follow Your Heart on April 6th – 13th!!

Everyday a puzzle piece of the prize will be revealed! What’s up For Grabs? A signed print by ©Elisabeth Bell of a “NEW Upcoming Stamp to SCACD”!! You'll have to head over to the store blog, the “Follow Your Heart” Blog for all the details!, to enter. Keep checking for the details. This is something you won't want to miss!

Card Ingredients:

Catherine with Flowers from Anki's Sweethearts for Susana's Custom Art and Card Design (SCACD), copics, Retro paper from Dovecraft, Atyou Spica Glitter pen, Scrapper's Floss in Aqua, buttons, brads, nestabilities, ribbon, dotted swiss cuttlebug folder.

20 comments:

Maria Matter said...

OMGosh, Susan, great minds think alike!
This is fabulous! I love how you colored Catherine and the papers you chose! The swiss dots on the backing paper are a perfect touch!
Love it!
blessings, Maria

COCO said...

wo very nice card !!!!
hugs coco

Ittybittyinkspotstoo said...

Gorgeous card! I LOVE your colors! They are gorgeous!!
hugz
deb

Julia said...

Very cute - love what you did with the Scrapper's Floss.

Anonymous said...

Love it and definitely says spring to me!! Blessings and hugs!!

Cathy said...

She looks so pretty!! Great job!!

Suzanne J Dean said...

So cute Susan! Love those colors together & all the embossing! Wonderful layout too & love the scrappers floss all twirly on top of those buttons! Great job!

hugz,
Suzanne

Lim said...

Gorgeous card Susan.. I love the color combination and those buttons look so yummy :))
Your coloring as usual, stunning. Love this cute stamp.

Hugs,
LIM

Danni said...

Very pretty! Fun colors and I love the buttons!

Jodi said...

Susan, what a pretty card!! Love what you made!! =)
Hugs,
Jodi =)

Anonymous said...

How sweet!! What a fun creation!! I really love your fun details with your buttons!! :) TFS!

Tammi said...

So pretty, love what you did with the buttons!

Christine Riley said...

This is so, so sweet, Susan, I love the layout and colors and the embossing is gorgeous!
Hugs, Christine :)

Susana M said...

This is a stuning card love the color combos and the buttons are fab!!! So much detail - YUMMO :o)
Hearts and Hugs
Susana

Lynn Put said...

This card is so sweet!

Anki said...

Love your card Susan! Wish you a relaxing and fun Easter. Glad Påsk as we say in Swedish. Kram - Anki

Jennifer_GlitterInMyHair said...

Just a great spring and Easter card Susan!! I love the soft colors, the papers you chose and your great coloring job. Very nice!!

Gloria a.k.a. mmgirl said...

I love this card design it is wonderful and I love your coloring. I just dropped in on your site for the first time. I like your style of creating. Thank you for sharing.
mmgirl

marsha said...

Simply gorgeous!

Hugs,
Marsha

Jodi said...

Very pretty card! You have done a great job coloring your image!!
Hugs,
Jodi =)