Thursday, March 5, 2009
My Little Pink Book Tutorial and Guest Designer Call!
This is long, but please bear with me! Today I'm going to take another shot at doing a tutorial. I love little packages for things and have just discovered a great way to make envelopes and use them as a cover for these great Journal Cards by Pebbles. Susana at Susana's Custom Art and Card Design has a great variety of them and almost all of the supplies that I used in doing the project. You can use them for just about anything! I make notes on dates, To Do Lists, sketches or notes on supplies I need, blog or companies I want to check out. These journal cards are so versatile that you can use them for just about anything!
As for this tutorial, I'll try and make it as easy as I possibly can. Here's what you'll need:
12 x 12 paper, Scor-Pal or scoring tool, cutter, stamped image (I used Eloquently Evil by Smirks because I love her!), Scor-tape, brads, Journal Cards, Scrapper's Floss, embellishments (I pulled together some Bazzill flowers, Bella Baubles and my Martha Stewart Branch punch, and my stickles because I love the glitter!)
Here we go:
1. Cut your paper for the envelope 7" x 10" (This dimension happens to fit the journal cards).
2. Score our card diagonally at 1/4" and at 6 3/4" all the way down the page.
3. Then turn the sheet and score it at 2 1/2" and at 7" all the way down the sheet.
4. Cut the 1/4" on both sides of the card off down to the first diagonal score line, 2 1/2" down. Then go down to the second diagonal score line, 7" down and cut off the 1/4" on both sides.
5. Fold up the 3" bottom piece at the score line. Place a 3" strip of Scor-Tape on the over flap on both sides.
6. Remove the protective covering on both sides of the Scor-Tape and gold the two 1/2" flaps over at the score line.
7. Fold down the top 2 1/2" flat at the score line. Insert a brad on the top flap and on the bottom of the back of the envelope. These will be the closures for the card.
8. Slip the cards inside the envelope!
9. I used some Scrapper's Floss as the string for to keep the envelope closed. I love this stuff!
10. Decorate the front of the envelope however you'd like. I love this sassy Smirk. I can just see her scheming on what's going to be included in her Little Pink Book!
Want to Be a Guest Designer for a Month?
Susana from Susana's Custom Art & Card Design is running a fun contest starting March 5th thru the 12th to find 2 Guest Designers for the month of April! She is looking for a Guest Designer for the store to promote "Anki's Sweethearts" stamps and one designer to promote "Lockhart Stamps" for the store as well. Each designer will receive a set of stamps to work with and the requirement is to make 3 cards a week for the month! Both designers will also get a ONE-TIME-ONLY discount of 10% to Susana's store!
How do you enter?
First you need to have a blog--and send your blog address with your entry!! You can then get all the details at the PaperCraft Planet sites for SCACD and Fans of Karen Lockhart and also the store blog, Follow Your Heart (link these in your blog)--all the details will be on these sites. You can enter one time for each site's contest by sending a picture of your best & original work to Susana--if you enter for each site, you must send in an original work of art for each though! If you have stamps from Susana's store to use on your project-- great, but it is not required for your entry projects! You also need to answer this question to send along with your entry "What makes you the best choice for the Design Team?".
Sound like Fun? Hurry and send your BEST work by March 12th for a chance to be on a Fun & Fabulous DT for a month!!