Thursday, August 14, 2008

A Day at the Beach


If you've read my blog before, you know how I love the beach and water. My friend, Theresa, sent me a couple of images that I just totally fell head over heals in the sand for! Having just become the grandmother of two beautiful baby girls, I thought of Emma and Allie when I saw this image. I can see this little sweetie as having spend the day at the beach building sand castles and having Capri Sun's to cool her little self down and then getting all cleaned up and sitting on the beach while she waits for her momma to get ready to go out to the pier for fish and chips. Oh, what a way to spend a summer day!

She was colored with my Bic markers and SU pastels to sponge the sky. I used my white opaque pen for the dots on her little dress and the background paper is from DCWV. She went together in no time!

If you ask me, she has the right idea for dinner! Getting all dressed up in our summer best and walking down to the pier. Want to come?

2 comments:

Kim said...

I am a beach girl too! I love your card it's beautiful!
Hugs~ Kim

Theresa said...

I am so honored that you were able to make such a b-u-tiful card w/an image i sent you....I too, think this image is just precious!!! and I am glad you were able to enjoy them!

ps...thanks for worrying enough about me to come looking for me, its so nice to know people care when i go MIA!